In this podcast Episode 11, David & Caron Loveless discuss how you can curb the Christmas crazy in your life with 10 simple guidelines.
Here is a brief summary of today’s episode of “The Live True Podcast.” You can use this as a reference or reminder of key things you feel like you need to pay attention to or pass on to others, in the next 7 days of your life.
1. I will let this year stand on its own. I will try not to compare it to other years when people were more … This year has it’s own gift for me and mine and I will receive it as it is without judging it by other years.
2. I will let go of my ego need to dazzle everyone. I will attempt to ease back on transforming my home into The Most Amazing Winter Wonderland of Exquisite Delight. I will not- if history is any indication- get it all done. I will face this now. And keep a happy heart.
3. I will say “No thank you, but thanks so much for the offer.” I will not cave to the need to please. I will stay well rested.
4. I will be just fine if I am not invited to… The invitations I accept or decline or the ones that never arrive– do not define me. I’m totally good with or without them. I can be pleased with what is.
5. I will stick to the agreed upon budget. All together now : it truly IS the thought that counts.
6. I will accept all family members as they are. I will not wish these dear people were more like the delightful, grace-filled, selfless, compassionate, interesting folks I think they should be if they’re related to me.
7. I will make a plan in cooperation with my spouse, friend, or family members, as to where and how we will spend the holidays. We will sit down at the earliest opportunity and with realistic eyes on the calendar we will strike a reasonable compromise around what works best for all of us involved.
8. I will do something different this year. I will mix things up. Perhaps… a sweet little something involving mistletoe, nightcaps and to all a good night.
9. I will keep a sense of humor …. I will laugh more this year. I will give myself some compassion when I do something utterly human.
10. I will spend 10 mins each day, alone and still… receiving again … the three True Gifts of love – joy and peace that God has already, generously birthed in me.
*** David & Caron’s new ebook, “Nothing to Prove: You are enough; You have enough; You do enough” is now available. For more information or to purchase it, CLICK HERE.
To find out more on how to curb your Christmas crazy, then listen to this podcast in its entirety by clicking on the above ‘play’ button.
Ask Us a Question
If you have a question, comment, or thought to share with us, we’d love to hear from you. Simply click here: “COMMUNICATE w/ David & Caron.”
Subscribe to & Share the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, you can subscribe by clicking on one of the below buttons:
Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher (great Android users or listening on the web)
If this podcast has been helpful & you’re thinking of someone else you know that could benefit from it, then click on any of the ‘Share’ buttons below or the one’s located at the top of this post.