In this podcast Episode, David Loveless interviews Dave Rhodes about how to discover the unique purpose that God has wired into your story.
We’re are going to talk about how God intersects our: Name; Narrative; and Nine to five lives to show the world around us the masterpiece called us, that is uniquely wired to demonstrate Him.
Listen to the Audio
Here is a brief summary of today’s episode of “The Live True Podcast.” You can use this as a reference or reminder of key things you feel like you need to pay attention to or pass on to others, in the next 7 days of your life.
We all have a common last name, but we also have a unique first name. You need both of these things.
Eph 2: 8-10 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do
God has prepared in advance something for each of us to do. Because we are His masterpiece there is a usefulness that He has for our lives.
God hasn’t given up on His dream that He has had about your life.
There are two realities that we all battle:
- To become what others expect us to be
- To become the person that we expect ourselves to be
- VS To become what God has created us and dreamed us to be.
How can a person begin to discover who God has created them to be?
We use the Younique Process- that is a personal calling journey.
3 primary elements are explored:
- Your Name
- Your Narrative
- Your 9-5
Everyone has experienced their story,
but few have properly interpreted it in such a way
that it brings directional clarity to them.
Interpretive Tools of Story
- On blank sheet of paper… Write top 10 high points of your life on left side of paper & then top 10 low or hard points of your life on right side. 20 events.
- Circle top 10 must forming, hinge points from #1 list. (could be 3 of high and 7 of low, etc)
- Then take the LifeLine worksheet (illustrated below) and plot the top 10 chronologically.
- Take timeline on LifeLine worksheet & divide it into 3-5 chapters.. pivot points.
- Transpose this timeline from the LifeLine Worksheet onto the Life Discovery Grid tool (illustrated below)… high points and hard times sections… and put in chapters and put ages for each chapter at top of grid. i.e.. 0-12, 12-21, 21-35, 35-41 (these are just examples).
- Take high & hard points and put them in this grid and other things that come to mind. Also now fill in: heritage: hand of god; heroes at each stage.
- Now title each chapter. Be creative (i.e. Dave’s chapter titles were: addition, multiplication, subtraction, division) & then imagine what next chapter might be in light of other chapters… and title it.
- Now at bottom of each chapter, ask & list what are the lies that you believed during that chapter of your life, and then what was the truth you learned.
- Now identify when the temptations of either approval, appetite ambition began to show itself, and try to de-rail your story.
(For more on these concepts where Satan has tried to de-rail your story, see our new book Nothing To Prove… where we go more in depth into this subject)
You have both a unique dream as well as a unique story of your life. It’s at the intersection of those two things that something powerful has been taking place and needs to be expressed.
Life Discovery Worksheet
|Hand of God
For more info on the Younique process CLICK HERE.
For more info on the book “Nothing to Prove” or to puchase, CLICK HERE.
To find out more, listen to this podcast in its entirety by clicking on the above play button.
Ask Us a Question
If you have a question, comment, or thought to share with us, we’d love to hear from you. Simply click here: “COMMUNICATE w/ David & Caron.”
Subscribe to & Share the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, you can subscribe by clicking on one of the below buttons:
Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher (great Android users or listening on the web)
If this podcast has been helpful & you’re thinking of someone else you know that could benefit from it, then click on any of the ‘Share’ buttons below or the one’s located at the top of this post.