In this Podcast Episode 37, David & Caron Loveless discuss how to discern whether the ambition that you have and those around you, is healthy or not.
While ambition has become one of the most prized characteristics of our western culture the dictionary still defines it as “an ardent desire for rank, fame or power.” This strongly clashes with the teachings of Jesus where laying your life down is more valued than advancing it. And therein lies the rub.
Listen to the Audio
In today’s episode of “The Live True Podcast,” we ponder together how ambition is currently affecting our lives, relationships, and leadership. The following questions are unpacked and debated:
What has been our journey of ambition?
Why is this topic important?
What have we learned about ambition?
Isn’t ambition actually played out on a continuum, instead of it’s either healthy or unhealthy?
What does healthy ambition look like?
What does unhealthy ambition look like?
What are examples in scripture?
What is our journey these days, concerning ambition?
Questions to ask yourself:
- What am I trying to achieve, and why is it so important to me?
- What lengths am I willing to go to in order to reach my goal?
- Do I run over others in my attempts to get ahead? Do I harm or neglect myself or others in trying to reach my goal? Do I steal energy or opportunities from others in pursuit of my goals?
- Is this goal an honest reflection of my inner values?
- Does the intensity of my pursuit eclipse everything else?
- What will happen if I get it? What will happen if I don’t?
- Do I allow myself to pause and savor the realization of a goal before reaching for the next one?
- Can I appreciate what I do have and what I’ve achieved?
- When I realize this goal, what’s next?
To find out more, listen to this podcast in its entirety by clicking on the play button.
Resources to serve you, your family, or your team:
Ask Us a Question
If you have a question, comment, or thought to share with us, we’d love to hear from you. Simply click here: “COMMUNICATE w/ David & Caron.”
Subscribe to & Share the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, you can subscribe by clicking on one of the below buttons:
Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher (great Android users or listening on the web)
If this podcast has been helpful & you’re thinking of someone else you know that could benefit from it, then click on any of the ‘Share’ buttons below or the one’s located at the top of this post.