My playlist runs the gamut of spiritual teachers, adventurers, business leaders, recovering leaders and entrepreneurs. Each of the podcasts I listen to have a unique style and a great way of:
* Healing me.
And because podcasts have been valuable and so instrumental to us, Caron, and I are excited to announce the first FREE episode of The LIVE TRUE PODCAST is available to you online at iTunes.com. (***For those of you who tried to find us on itunes this past week & were unsuccessful, we have all those issues now ironed out.)
As you know, Caron and I are spiritual teacher/communicators with a deep passion to share many of the lessons and learnings that have changed our lives over the last few years. We believe the podcast medium is another platform that will allow us to help even more people experience their own personal transformations.
It’s a new experience for us, but we love the possibilities and really enjoy venturing into this together.
Each week, along with our blog, we’ll now be offering a candid conversation around personal spiritual secrets that are revolutionizing the way we see ourselves, the way we love and relate to others, and enable us to do our work with even more fruitfulness & fulfillment.
We’ll be sharing some of our successes and failures as well as interviews and insights from some of the best spiritual leaders, psychologists and wisdom teachers.
We’re here to help YOU live, love and lead
from The Source of your True identity.
If this sounds like something you could use…
***SUBSCRIBE NOW to our FREE LIVE TRUE PODCAST
For me, there’s something personal and immediate about putting on a pair of headphones and listening to actual people share their stories and insights. I feel like I can really get to know someone when I listen to their podcasts.
Some of the podcasts I listen to:
- 48 Days To The Work You Love by Dan Miller
- Gateway Church
- Sea Kayak Podcasts
- Ask Science Mike
- Grace Church
- This is your life by Michael Hyatt
- Adventure Podcast
Because someone asked me the other day “What IS a podcast?” I won’t assume you know what it is.
The term “podcasting” was first mentioned by Ben Hammersley in The Guardian newspaper in a February 2004 article, along with other proposed names for the new medium. It’s a combination of the words “pod” —from iPod— and “broadcast”.
A podcast is an audio recording that can be downloaded and listened to on any digital device. Podcasts come in a variety of formats: conversations, interviews, talks, speeches, messages, music—anything that can be recorded can be a podcast.
What we used to only be able to hear on a CD player can now be heard on a computer, ipad, iphone or any other digital device. Podcasts are instantly and FREELY shared with you via the internet.
By downloading a simple podcast app (like the “Podcast” app available in iTunes.com… also available in android) it’s super easy to search and subscribe to podcasts in every language and genre you can imagine.
Some of the reasons I subscribe to podcasts:
- I can listen to them while I’m on the road. Often when I’m headed off to a meeting or appointment, I listen to a podcast on my phone or ipad. It keeps me company, and awake, and most importantly, engages my mind and heart in things of great value for me.
- I don’t have to use my eyes. So many of us stare at a screen most of the day, in our work, and often stare at one at night, in our leisure. By listening to podcasts, I can actually do two things at once.
I can be washing the car… cleaning the house… cooking… or waiting for an appointment and listen. OR sometimes, I’m not trying to do anything else, and I will simply close my eyes and I’m right there in room with the speaker.
- I can listen to podcasts with family or friends. Caron and I listen to several podcasts together each week. It is one of the many ways that we engage and grow together. We’ll listen to a podcast and afterwards talk about what we got out of it.
- I can get a better, personal connection with speakers, teachers, and authors. Many of the podcasts I love are the ones that are done by people I greatly respect and each one gives me more of a personal connection with them because I not reading their words but I’m listening to their voice explain things, with the level of curiosity and excitement that they have. Often they share things on the podcast they don’t share anywhere else.
- Through podcast I receive new momentum for my journey as a Christ-follower, husband, dad, friend, and difference maker. If you’re like me, sometimes I can get low in my circumstances and I need a boost… through someone’s laughter, prayer, challenge or healing.
- I listen on my schedule, not a radio schedule. Thanks to podcasting, my favorite podcasts app can automatically download my favorite programs, when they become available, and they are ready for me to listen to anywhere…and anytime.
- I listen when my ideal world, is not ideal. Many people have told me over the years that they would love to get up earlier and spend some quality time with Jesus and a great cup of coffee. However, what they find is that everyone in the house wakes up… and … you know how it goes. With a podcast you can plug in a devotional pat lunch or on your way to or from work.
So, How do you get started?
A. Download a podcast app. I use “Podcasts” for my iPhone and iPad. If you use an Android device, try Pocket Casts or Downcast. You’ll be shocked by how easy these apps are to use.
OR you can immediately listen to it on our website!
B. Use the Search feature to subscribe to a few podcast shows. You can browse by category (e.g., “Health”, “Business”, or “Christianity”) or type in a host or podcast name to find other programs: (…like the new The Live True Podcast.)
C. Find a regular place to listen. You might decide it’s when you’re in the car… or when you’re cooking.. or after you’ve had dinner.. or perhaps early in the morning before going to work.
D. Share The LIVE TRUE Podcast with family and friends.
We need your help to get the word out about this podcast we believe will be incredibly encouraging, life-giving & transformational to those who decide to subscribe.
***Our Goal is 500 subscribers by NOV.1st!!!
We so much appreciate any support & help you can give us as we launch this new venture!